Thursday, January 1, 2009

"It’s the first of the year and you have a blank canvas in front of you. On that glaringly white piece of paper, set your intention for the year. Fill that page with five words that reflect your goals for your life as a writer. Expand upon them if you want, or let them be powerful enough to speak for themselves."

Exposure. I need to get exposed man. I have to talk to others in the world. How can I be a successful writer if I never leave my own house? Kerouac speaks to me too.

Experience. I have to force myself to write. Joining a writers workshop is one small part of what I need to accomplish. I need to go back to the stories and simply make it happen. I can't wait for the dreams to come back to me. Those days are long gone and I already have the blueprints I need. Fucking mental blocks.

Excitement. I am going back to the authors that excite me since I am not finding new ones that fill me with that same passion for writing. I will reread all of Murakami and see where it leads me. I crave that feeling and miss it so much. Staying up for days writing, barely eating, delirious and happy to be alive.

Education. Though I can't imagine my style being diluted, I can see it being perfected and expanded upon. I am far from being at a place where I could expect anyone to take my writing seriously. I want to get my degree so I plan to finish school. Finally.

Empowerment. Building on all these things will drive me to doing what I want most. Writing is my passion. I can't imagine doing anything else with my life.

Eeeee!

No comments: