Tuesday, June 2, 2009

June 2nds reposing corspe

"Zombies are the new ninjas that were the new pirates or some circle jerk theory thereunto. And the new pirates are friggin’ Somalian. What iconic historical cluster, dead or alive (or undead) would you like to see become the new zombie? Why?"

I would love to see ancient Egyptians become the new zombie. As a child I was fascinated by the Egyptians, their spiritual beliefs, the pharaohs and the complete mystery surrounding it all. I was able to see a shriveled Ramses II before he and his artifacts were shipped back to their sandy homes back east. I will never forget it. This museum tour was in 88 or 89. I have a strong feeling that the Egyptians were visited by extraterrestrial creatures (as well as other ancient civilizations) and can be directly connected to the Pyramids that were created. The Gods were wicked enough to cause nightmares. The Goddesses, alluring and ethereal, left me desiring something more than what was offered by my rural hometown settings of Middleburg Florida. I wanted to be mummified as a child. I imagined my brains being liquefied and drawn out my nose. Embalming fluids and gold. Plated hair and olive skin. Bad ass eyeliner. Yeah, that about covers it.

3 comments:

sk said...

1. Ancient Egyptians are a good idea for the next fad craze. That would be a lot of fun.

2. I really like your description of your childhood love of ancient Egypt.

3. "Bad ass eyeliner" made me laugh out loud

Dawson Clawson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawson Clawson said...

i agree 100%. the ancient egyptians were the most badassed of all the ancient civ's. and even though he isnt ancient, zahi hawass is a badass too.