Sunday, April 12, 2009

bedlam

"For many of us, our bed is our sanctuary. Most of the time, we don't get to spend nearly as much time there as we would like. Describe your bed and what it is like when you either go to bed or wake up, or both."

I can tell that this post will be short. Strange too, considering how much of a fan I am of sleeping. My bed is an average sort of bed. It's pillow stuffed and squishy enough to make me happy. I have noticed lately that the middle is starting to sink in a little however. Sleeping alone for as long as I did will definitely produce that effect sooner than later. Jumping on the bed doesn't help much either. I am kind of over my bed these days. I used to love her, now I am looking at other women out there. Ooh, she has nice fluffy pillows doesn't she? I wonder what kind of discount I can get on her? Yeah, I am considering a new bed relationship sooner than later. I want to fall in love again.

2 comments:

sk said...

I like the relationship comparison and the anthropomorphization. We do seem to be more emotionally invested in our beds than other furniture. I also enjoyed reading a post with a different perspective on the assignment. Reading about the end of the relationship was refreshing.

ChicagoRilke23 said...

good luck on your new bed quest!

i've often thought about putting together two beds i have to make a panormous sized bed... something like that...