Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Fav sounds so negative. :D

"Write about your favorite place to be in the town where you live."

My favorite place to be in Austin is hard to pin point. I don't really go out much anymore. When I did go out, it was always to a random location. Where is the show? Where is the free beer? Where is the ?

I think my favorite place is the Greenbelt. Not Zilker Park. The actual Greenbelt that doesn't include a few dozen screaming children, a few dozen dogs and beer chugging college douche bags and accompanying their Hulkamania tanned douche bag loving girlfriends. I recently went on a hike to the Sculpture Falls area off Loop 1 and 360. My most enjoyable times were when there was no one in my viewfinder, no loud shouts of "Motherfucker, Fuck! You fucking suck!" blasting by my daughters ears. When we were sort of lost, looking at rocks or caves, or scaring each other with "what-if" stories of our Greenbelt survival of tigers, zombies, werewolves, mass murders, those were my favorite moments. I love how you can step outside your front door and find something beautiful. I love the Austin Greenbelt.

2 comments:

sk said...

yeah greenbelt! It is beautiful. There are some parts I hike with my best friend where you rarely see anyone, so have hope :)

ChicagoRilke23 said...

i went a few times though i've not been to the area you spoke of...

i always thought it would be funny to scare my friends w/"anytime" from Predator or just make that sound the Predator makes, ha ha :)

i was in CO recently and felt very "at home" amongst the mountains and trees... le sigh, i need to go back sometime soon- the Red Rocks were nice as well