Sunday, April 5, 2009

Save the World

I am really disappointed in myself this time. Is it my lack of imagination or my complete sense of cynicism? I am unsure of which to blame this time. I thought long and hard over how I would save the world in 4 minutes and absolutely nothing came to mind. I don't think the world is capable of being saved. Novel idea but not something I could write a novel about, or paragraph, it seems.

We have done the damage. The glaciers are melting and there is no reversing the process without a few million years in your pocket. I think we are due for a major cleansing. I don't watch the news but can and see how determined we are to destruct, destroy, dismantle and misinform. There is no saving this world as is. I prefer to make the best of the one I have and take care of it as if it were a dying and loved relative.

Writing about how I can't save the world made me realize how to save the world. I have played too many video games as of late and can contribute this thought process to my xbox 360 directly. Kill 75% of the population. I don't need to determine who gets the axe. Let's make it random selection. If the population were deduced to 225 million people armed with the knowledge of what we now know, there could be a slim chance at the making the cosmic grading curve.

2 comments:

sk said...

Now the question is how do you kill them all off in 4 minutes without nuclear annihilation, since, let's face it, that wouldn't be random selection.

ChicagoRilke23 said...

interesting thoughts. i honestly could not think of anything to say to save the world.

i think i ended up saying, is the world worth saving? perhaps some people are but the majority that really have a hold on what happens in the world would end up just screwing it up anyway.

people could make an impact to help the world but human nature would always have a say in things...

all we could do is try our best in our own way to be helpful, etc.