Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools fool

"Before embarking on a new endeavor, it is always a good idea to set your intention for why you are doing something, what you hope to gain from it, and any obstacles that you might encounter along the way. Use today to set your intention for your writing this month."


My original intentions were very inspired and grandiose as I attempted to take on the first 30DoW last November. Walking into 30 Days after an almost complete failure to post in January leaves me feeling more grounded and less naive about this challenge than ever before. It's amusing to see that I am finding no lack of wording to describe my lack of writing. Ridiculous.

I am joining for the third time in hopes to complete 30 days of write(ing). It is as simple as that. My original desires to expand and experience and etc are going to stay underneath the covers for now as my truest feelings always get themselves hurt much quicker than the shallow ones. So here's to another 30 Days of Write, an amazing idea and a bunch of amazing people. I hope to see you all on the other side of this.




I am quickly finding that receiving responses from other writers and/or people that have similar interests really helps me understand where I am coming from. I have a few other blogs no one reads or responds to. I haven't felt the desire to have others read my stuff. I thought of my blogs as love letters for the fireplace to consume. I can't formulate my ideas and then write them out. I read the topic and let my little sailboat go about it's merry way. To see responses and to hear how it has effected others makes me feel that these .l e t t e r s. are formulating something tangible. Something more than JBee talking to himself in the mirror again. Thanks!

4 comments:

sk said...

I'm with you about January. That month was rough. April will be different! Better! With more successful blogging and vitamin C!

Sinclair Fleetwood said...

we're all in this together, glad you're trying again!

ChicagoRilke23 said...

it's good we are all in this together. hopefully we can each coax one another to come out of our shells.

i'm a hermit crab w/a brightly colored body inside a cracked manageable shell. ha ha, weird.

tipsy texter said...

glad to have you back. you are already doing better than january! (like i have any room to talk...)